The Most Dangerous Intersections in Atlanta
Channel 2 Action News recently came out with an interesting investigation of the most dangerous intersections in the Atlanta metropolitan area. The report included a top 10 list of intersections that see the most auto accidents.
Surprisingly, only one of the top 10 actually comes within the Atlanta city limits, which goes against what Channel 2 reporter Dave Huddleston expected to find when he began the investigation. The data team looked at crashes in July throughout the metro area, focusing on surface streets. It found a total of 615 intersections that averaged at least two accidents per week.
The list was as follows:
- The corner of Piedmont Avenue and Monroe Drive, the one intersection in Atlanta (12 accidents in the month)
- The intersection of Briarcliff Road and North Druid Hills Road in DeKalb County (13 accidents in one month).
- Butner Road and Camp Creek Parkway, southeast of the Fulton County border (13)
- Steve Reynolds Blvd. and Venture Drive in Duluth (13)
- State Bridge Road and Medlock Bridge Road in Johns Creek (15)
- Jimmy Carter Blvd. and Peachtree Industrial Blvd. in Norcross (17)
- Cobb Place Blvd. and Earnest Barrett Pkwy in Kennesaw (18)
- Covington Highway and Lithonia Rd. in Lithonia (19)
- East Park Place and Stone Mountain Hwy in Stone Mountain (20)
- Memorial Drive and N. Road in Stone Mountain (22)
These numbers include only car accidents that were reported to the police. Investigators noted small fender benders might not be reported, which means these numbers may actually underestimate the total number of crashes at each intersection.
If you have been involved in an accident in the Atlanta area, contact a skilled personal injury attorney with McMenamy Law LLC as soon as possible.